Coventry, West Midlands
about 2 years ago
Project Engineer (Seating)
Seating, Mechanisms, Design, Development, NX, Catia
A Project Engineer (Seating) is required with knowledge of seating systems design and development for from concept through to prototype. Candidates with experience of the automotive or motorsport industry would be well received.
Due to securing the development of a new vehicle program and continued growth our client, a World Class automotive organisation based in the Coventry area requires experienced and proactive Project Engineer (Seating) for this contract opportunity. As a Project Engineer (Seating) you will be responsible for:
- Technical Design and conformity to package and customer specifications.
- Drawing Release with 'freeze' against each Programme build milestone.
- DFMEA creation and update and release against the milestones.
- All design changes post initial prototype tool release to use Change Management Process. PLM system.
- All Customer requests to deviate away from initial Programme Assumptions / Technical file to be approved via Change Management Process PLM system.
- Maximum 10 day turn-around of PLM to solve testing related issues / concerns
- Medium and short term CAD resource management, ensuring CAD Designers workload / priorities match those of the Programme Timeline and Customer Releases.
- Support Plant issues when proven root cause is base design (not quality / process)
- Customer liaison and reporting of project technical issues and potential resolutions.
- Sub-Supplier Design Management - Data release and Control with documented status and actions on a regular basis.
- Generation of VE/VA brainstorm ideas - Facilitate the workshops.
- Progress VE/VA ideas to engineered / feasible solutions with detail drawings and prototype trial samples.
- Management of Test and Development DV / PV and virtual CAE analysis.
- Presentations to Lear and Customer Senior Management.
- Open Issues - Single list with time bound response including all known problems with priorities.
- Checking of all data prior to Release (to customer/ supplier or other interested parties)
The Project Engineer (Seating) should have the following skills or experience:
- Detailed seating (seat structures and seat complete) engineering knowledge
- DFMEA - Qualified to 'User level'
- Automotive Seating experience
- Problem Solving skills
- Appreciation of CAE techniques and Process.
- Understanding of Renault and Nissan release systems.
- VE/VA techniques (cost pareto etc)
- Understanding of CAD systems (NX and Catia) If you have knowledge of the design/development of seating systems and you want to be considered, please apply today. Please note that Visa Sponsorship is not offered for this role. If you have any questions about the Design Engineer (Seating) role, please contact Chiara Caterisano at Jonathan Lee Recruitment