Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Wimborne, Dorset
A leading supplier of critical control solutions within the aerospace and defence sector is in search of Project Engineers to be based at their site in Wimborne.
The Project Engineers will lead Weapons Carriage & Release development projects. They will provide technical direction and decision making in support of project delivery. They will manage internal and external resources to successfully deliver allocated projects, through requirements definition, analysis, design, development and qualification. Further, they will ensure project compliance with internal processes, regulatory and legislative requirements.
As a Project Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- A degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering and/or equivalent experience.
- A strong understanding of mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering in the context of aerospace products.
- Experience of NPI/ new product design and development within an Aerospace environment
- An understanding of the operation and maintenance of military aircraft would be highly desirable
- An understanding of airworthiness and certification is highly desirable.
- Experience of liaison with customers and suppliers
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Experience of the management of aerospace development projects
- Understanding of the financial management of development projects
- Understanding of systems engineering methods
As a Project Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Establish clear requirements baselines prior to commencement of design or change activity.
- Define and lead analyses in support of system design, integration and change assessment.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Manage requirements verification throughout project execution to successfully demonstrate compliance for a DDP.
- Estimate resource requirements, plan projects and report progress
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with LCM, SOF-E and other internal processes
- Work with Programme Management to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with technical, cost and schedule requirements
- Manage technical risks
- Manage customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For further information on this role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.