Project Engineer - Process Safety Management
Manufacturing / Automotive
12-month fixed term contract
Duties of the Project Engineer - Process Safety Management role:
The purpose of the role is to take responsibility for the delivery of projects that are generated from hazard studies, management of change reviews and other process safety based plant modification requests.
- To ensure allocated process safety management projects are properly scoped, specified, designed safely, commissioned and managed on time to quality standard, right first time and within allocated budget.
- The safe management of contractors used to undertake the projects under their control.
- Ensure appropriate communication to all stakeholders in the form of regular status reports including escalation to the Senior Engineer.
- Operating and adhering to EHS best practice and procedures at all times ensuring all tasks are carried out safely and in line with policy.
Skills and experience required - Project Engineer - Process Safety Management.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual who is looking for a career path with progression.
- Degree qualified in a Chemical or Mechanical Engineering subject.
- Demonstrated experience working in a process chemical environment or similar.
- Good knowledge and understanding of DSEAR and ATEX.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of hazard analysis, LOPA and EHS criticality.