almost 2 years ago
Project Engineer Powertrain Calibration Performance & Economy - Wellesbourne
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
This role exists to enable the delivery of P&E attributes for our future engine families on test beds and in vehicle. To manage the P&E test programmes and the numerous suppliers required achieving delivery of a fully certified Engine system meeting the programme objectives. To assess and feedback issues to the Powertrain Test, Calibration and Controls team to enable the Powertrain to meet performance, economy and emissions goals.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Lead calibration activity on defined projects, assimilate and distribute knowledge within the team reporting to the Powertrain Calibration manager.
- Responsibility for P&E deliverables managing outsource test bed facilities.
- Be part of a project team to create and develop the various aspects of calibration for all Aston Martin Vehicles.
- Manage and support external facilities and suppliers to achieve Calibration team goals.
- Represent the company externally at a senior level with regard to calibration activities and supplier visits.
- Report progress vs plans at Director level within Aston Martin Lagonda.
- Prepare project-timing plans for the P&E lead or Calibration Manager to support model year actions and major design changes.
- Prepare reports of all findings from Test bed, Vehicle testing and environmental testing of the vehicle, and present these to all levels up to director technical meetings.
- Guide, direct and train to develop other team members.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Extensive experience within automotive vehicle manufacturer, with experience directly running an engine test bed.
- Experience with AVL PUMA or Horiba STARS and INCA essential.
- Experience of managing and running P&E / Calibration engine test bed.
- Recent direct experience of application of new technologies to internal combustion engines.
- Understanding of gasoline combustion fundamentals including gas exchange process, cam lift and phasing, airpath, exhaust system design and pressure charging systems.
- Full driving license.
- Prepared to support overseas suppliers on a regular basis according to business need.
- Self motivated and ability to work alone when required.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Competitive salary.
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme - 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance - Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan - Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
Demand for this job will be high, so please apply by contacting Ray Greenman by email over the holiday period.