- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 09 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59411
Title: Project Engineer - 37413
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: - up to £28.12/hour Ltd (c£21.70/hour PAYE option)
This role offers a valuable opportunity to gain experience in the E2E Manufacturing Programme environment.
The Manufacturing Programme Management function hold a unique position at the heart of manufacturing delivery - from initial feasibility through to detail launch planning and delivery and into volume production.
This role will bring you into contact with an extensive number of areas in the business and provide you with an opportunity to develop and utilise your transferrable project management skills in both the planning and delivery of our new products.
Experience and an understanding of the Global manufacturing environment would be desirable for the successful candidate to assist with embedding the overall integration of worldwide low volume into the overall Programme Management landscape.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Delivery: Support delivery of programme against overall timing plan (VPF) from to
- Support the planning and delivery of manufacturing plans for delivery prototype, pre-production build phases and J1
- Prepare accurate and objective technical status reports in support of programme/launch management (PST, LMM) meetings and senior programme gateway reviews (MPRR, NMLR, MSC, Pre Prod and Prod Committee)
- Utilise standardised project management tools to support a smooth project delivery (Agile methodologies, P6)
- Broad Manufacturing Automotive Experience
- End to End (PCDS) Product delivery creation system
- Strong Manufacturing Voice through all Phases of the lifecycle (Strategy, Deliver & Launch)
Skills and Experience:
- Strong relationship builder / Stakeholder Management
- Effective communicator - Quick to respond
- Broad understanding of our Manufacturing Engineering Technologies process E2E
- Experience of working in a manufacturing or automotive environment
- Experience of metric and reporting delivery to support programme delivery
- Experience of project management
- Experience in using data driven problem solving techniques
- Experience of working in a new product launch environment
- Experience of working in a quality focussed role Microsoft package elements (Power Point & Excel)
- Demonstrable experience of process improvement and working in a project support role
- Proficient communication and organisational skills
- Manufacturing Engineering / Competence in Programme Management through education or on the job training
Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.