£27 per hour
over 1 year ago
An experienced Automotive Project Engineer for interior / exterior component is required to join an automotive OEM based in West Sussex. The role is responsible for the management and delivery of Exterior/Interior component development activities across the relevant multi-departmental process-chain to ensure on time introduction and integration into bespoke vehicles.
The position is responsible for project planning of all engineering activities to the required detail in support of the tasks assigned by the Lead Engineer.
What you will do:
- Agree with Series engineering stakeholders the required Legal, Safety & group requirements that features must adhere to.
- Lead capacity planning of Design Engineers to carry out the design & development of the bespoke components including the generation of BoM, CAD Data, 2D drawings, other specification documents and prepare information for Engineering System Release.
- Ensure the engineering design is integrated within the series product packaging without unforeseen effects to the product performance
- Ensure requirements required for manufacture are implemented into the design and associated documents
- Determine the required quality requirements from an engineering perspective working with design & quality functions
- Validate the product to all homologation requirements before prepare information for Engineering Release.
- Lead all resolution activities for any issues identified in the "Problem Management Process" and to report/document the status when required
What is required:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or equivalent
- Knowledge of Automotive Manufacturing Processes for interior/exterior components with the ability to select appropriate concepts, processes and tooling options for low and medium volume manufacturing volumes
- Knowledge of international automotive legislation and homologation requirements relating to exterior/interior content.
- CAD (Catia V5 preferred) competence required (for creation/review 2D engineering drawings)
- A sound knowledge of automotive feature development including development cost estimation, technical feature specification, DFM/DFA, RPT and low-volume production techniques with respect to cost, time and weight requirements and also regarding test planning and development.
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.