Project Engineer - Gasoline Engine System
A Project Engineer - Gasoline Engine System (Lubrication & Cooling) is required with experience in delivery of engine or powertrain component product development.
Due to continued growth this company, based in Gaydon requires a Project Engineer - Gasoline Engine System with experience in writing technical and project reports for a new permanent role. As a Project Engineer - Gasoline Engine System (Lubrication & Cooling) you will be required to:
- Generate robust System Design Specification to define system functional targets and deliver components to meet targets. Deliver component/system DFMEAs to define DVP and design guidance. Support Test and Development team to build, plan and complete the DVP, whilst ensuring supplier tests are completed and reported on time.
- Use company engineering quality systems (FMEAs, Robustness Studies, QHR) to prevent, identify and resolve potential quality concerns.
- Support EPMT in definition of programme cost targets and work with suppliers to deliver systems that achieves these targets (Tooling, Engineering and Piece).
- Support EPMT in definition of programme weight targets and manage CAD engineers to design system that achieves targets.
- Manage CAD engineers to achieve static and dynamic clearance targets.
- Work with manufacturing engineering to ensure that components can be assembled into engines and vehicles repeatable and within required cycle time.
- Define and manage a commodity plan for each programme including design and manufacturing lead-times as well as alignment to engine and vehicle programme timing.
- Define, maintain and complete Change Tracking Documents and Engineering Release Notices to allow engineering changes to be approved.
- Report and resolve engineering Concerns and within the timing guidelines. Use appropriate problem solving tools where required (8D, 6Sigma)
The Project Engineer - Gasoline Engine System (Lubrication & Cooling) should have the following skills or experience:
- Educated to Degree level or higher in an engineering discipline, or equivalent relevant experience
- The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate technical expertise in a specific engine system, and be able to take full responsibility for delivery of that system to production.
- Previous delivery of engine or powertrain component product development.
- Engine system or sub-system design and/or development experience.
- Working as part of an engineering product development team.
- Plan and track the spend on tooling, engineering and parts for the system and predict the spend to the end of the project to ensure that it can be completed within the available budget.
- Must be able to present technical information to peers and management.
- Must be able to write technical and project reports as required.
- Knowledge of TCE (Teamcenter Engineering) and Visualization Mockup.
- Proficient in office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project)
- To operate successfully in this role, the candidate should be able to prioritise multiple tasks on a day to day level, must be flexible and able to communicate at all levels.
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve results.
If you have any questions about the Project Engineer - Gasoline Engine System role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259