Field Based Project Engineer - Electrical/Electronic Industrial Printing Technology - South West - Preferred locations Bristol to Swindon - £38k plus car plus £1500 subsistence pay.
A great opportunity is available to join a global business operating in over 100 countries and employing nearly 3000 people as an industry market leader. The business produces, supplies, installs and maintains a portfolio of industrial printing technology to include continuous ink jet printers, laser printers and print and apply equipment. Equipment is commonly supplied to food, beverage and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
In this role we are looking for a Project Engineer qualified to a minimum of HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering to support from a point within new equipment sale up to installation and customer sign off so all of your work will be based around new customer orders and would suit candidates with experience of capital equipment supply and installations. Key points within the role and function will include:
- Provide functional and technical specification to the customer.
- Manage technical drawings and guidelines for product integration.
- Work with the other Project Engineers to ensure we standardise all documentation and procedures
- Provide technical feedback to assist in the continual development of products.
- During the life span of a project, the PE acts as the point of escalation and will act as a point of reference only, after sign off has been received.
- Following each project, obtain customer sign-off and gain feedback from the customer.
- Following a site survey or a detailed customer discussion, agree a User Requirement Specification and agree a project schedule outlining the time scales and customer commitments.
- Enter project documentation onto Salesforce.
- Support projects mainly in the UK. Occasional travel into Europe may be required.
- Support Service Engineers to allow them to complete a successful install.
- Project Engineer to keep Area Sales Manager informed of project progress and any issues arising.
- Take ownership of customer complaints and escalated issues up to and including point
- Each project should be written up in a standard report and filed for future reference.
- Support and advise the sales team on solutions for specific applications, on site visits obtaining pricing from suppliers.
- To complete detailed User Requirement Specification (URS) documentation prior to final order acceptance / loading.
To be successful in the position applicants must have experience and working knowledge of electrical, electronic microprocessor software driven equipment. Experience of continuous ink jet printers, laser printers and print and apply technology in an industrial environment would be a great advantage.
We are looking for applicants with hands on experience as you will be required to deliver some installations personally and so good working knowledge of electronic based products, system integration, hydraulic or pneumatic systems are desired. Practical knowledge of PCs and their application in an industrial environment including networking, interface software and data interrogation / diagnostics of third party applications would be needed in the role.
In return we offer a £38k base salary, annual subsidence allowance of £1500, company car, private medical, 33 days holiday increasing with service, 5% pension, free income protection and an array of other flexible benefits.
For more information or to apply please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Phil Bloomer at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.