Contract Project Engineer
To £32.50 per hour (DOE)
Are you interested in joining a market leading organisation, performing a key role within the Engineering Team on large multi-million pound capital projects and offering consultancy services to external customers?
This Project Engineer role will expose you to multi-disciplined projects involving building works, specialist test equipment installation, mechanical and electrical service provisions and infrastructure works.
The requirement is for an engineer capable of managing internal resources and contractors to complete these projects. Other key requirements for the role will include;
- Excellent communication skills and therefore an eye for detail and good work ethic.
- Ability to produce high quality and detailed project documentation, maintain project records and work to agreed budgets and timescales.
- Managing multi-disciplined projects.
- Gathering, collating and assembling technical requirements to formulate the scope of projects.
- Working in a multi-disciplined project team environment.
- Familiarity with working on construction sites.
- Ability to assimilate control systems requirements, propose and interpret functionality.
- A knowledge of protection systems and their application to buildings and test equipment.
Core duties in the Project Engineer role will include undertaking project studies;
- Working with clients to develop project scope and requirement specifications.
- Developing project solutions.
- Working with members of the team to develop schematic drawings.
- Estimating project cost budgets and timescales.
Then when a project is approved you will be tasked with delivering the project to agreed timescales, budget and specification.
Desired skills for this role include;
- Proficient with Microsoft Project.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A good understanding of the CDM 2015 regulations.
- Able to demonstrate use of AutoCAD to produce block plans and schematic layouts.
- Ability to organise and monitor project budgets.
If keen to learn more about this role please contact Grant Nisbet to speak further.