Project Engineer - Energy storage / Battery Research - Coventry - £Salary DOE
This is an excellent opportunity for a Project Engineer to join a growing research group in energy storage and batteries. You will drive our client's electrode and cell scale-up production and test activities with their industrial and academic partners.
The Project Engineer will join a team working on Battery Scale-Up to deliver projects focused on upscaling from a low volume laboratory scale, up to high volume production. The project will deliver breakthrough knowledge for the benefit of all battery manufacturing sectors, including automotive, aerospace and marine.
What you will do
- To carry out research on the battery electrode and cell scale-up projects, acting as the main interface with all project partners
To provide specialist technical recommendations, practical tools and design resolution advice for manufacturing and performance
To manage research aspects of the project including contributing to academic publications & technical reports
To identify, operate and install suitable equipment to support the project objectives
To record and track the delivery of outputs during research & identify routes for achievement of targets
To create risk and COSHH assessments and ensure that all activities are done in a safe manner to meet the department's health and safety requirements
What you will need
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject, e.g. Chemistry, Physics, Materials, Engineering or related discipline
- A willingness to carry out hands-on experimental work
- A good understanding of battery electrode development (mixing and coating) and/or battery cell design and manufacture
- Experience of experimental design, data analysis and interpretation
- Project planning and reporting skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team on research programmes
- Ability to initiate, plan, organise, implement and deliver programmes of work to tight deadlines
What you will get
As Project Engineer Energy Storage / Battery Research
- Experience of working on a range of projects with a growing research group in energy storage and batteries
Ongoing training and development
The chance to work in excellent facilities
Suitably qualified and experienced Project Engineers should apply today by either calling Jeff Lane on +44 (0)1384 446108 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.