Do you have a keen interest in engines?
Do you like keeping up to date with emerging technologies?
Our client, a well known R&D Centre is looking for a Project engineer to help them research and keep up to date with emerging powertrain technologies.
To be successful in this role you will be able to understand emerging technologies, appraise their value and compile them into Technology Routemaps
Researching various sources of information such as published technical papers, technical symposiums, trade fairs, supplier presentations etc will become a key part of your job and you will issue a regular technical insight for the benefit of the business.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- At least 5 years experience, Petrol or Diesel engine fundamentals.
- A data driven engineer
- Computer literate, excellent MS Office skills
- Experienced in gathering market intelligence and interpreting to define a strategic direction
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering.
- Prepared to challenge the 'status quo' through an inquisitive nature.
- Attention to detail and an excellent communicator.
- Ability to plan activities through continually changing priorities whilst recognising the wider business need.
- A team player.
- Enthusiastic, self motivated and determined to succeed.
- Flexible and prepared to work overseas as the business needs.
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required - full training will be provided by the company
- Supplier interface, ability to liaise and instigate containment and recovery plans should there be supplier deficiencies.
- Supplier assessment capabilities.