Attractive + Benefits
7 months ago
Project Engineer – Electronics or Avionics - Aerospace and Defence – Permanent – Devon – Attractive
A Project Engineer – Electronics or Avionics is required to join an International aerospace and defence company with a solid background within electronic components for complex avionics systems. Project Engineers with experience of working in the Aerospace and Defence sectors would be well received.
Due to this company’s continued success, a leading manufacturer of complex aerospace and defence safety systems based in the Devon area requires a proactive and dynamic Project Engineer – Electronics or Avionics for a new permanent role where experience of strict standards and regulations is a must.
The Project Engineer – Electronics or Avionics will join the Engineering Department to participate in the execution, and delivery of engineering activities, relating to the generation of a new range of products for use in industrial and avionic applications.
As the Project Engineer – Electronics or Avionics you will be responsible for the following:
- Development of electronic systems throughout the complete design life-cycle.
- Ensure the quality of developed systems through the application of robust design processes.
- Co-ordinate product development activities through a multi-discipline engineering team.
- Lead the delivery of engineering work packages.
- Manage the NPI (New Product Introduction) process.
- Ensure internal & external stakeholders are engaged with the product development process.
- Provide cross department assistance and support.
- Enable the effective manufacture and ongoing support of developed products.
- Work with customers and key stakeholders providing project status feedback throughout.
- Contribute towards the continual improvement of working practices and methods.
- Undertake personal development activities appropriate to maintain skills.
- Keep up to date with industry best practices and technology.
The Project Engineer – Electronics or Avionics should have the following Qualifications Skills or Experience:
- HND or Degree in Electronics, Software, Systems, Physics, or a related discipline.
- At least five year's experience in an engineering related discipline.
- An excellent understanding of digital and analogue electronic systems and technologies.
- Proven experience in the design of electronic systems from concept to delivery.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- Ability to progress multiple projects concurrently.
- The ability to communicate efficiently and effectively.
- A thorough attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently using initiative to solve technical problems.
- Willingness to travel across the UK and abroad.
- Experience working closely with internal and external customers.
- An understanding of data acquisition systems, sensor interfaces, embedded computing.
- Knowledge of user interface design, data management, and systems engineering.
- Experience in electronic product certification to EMC and Environmental Standards.
- Understanding of software development life-cycle management to DO-178.
- Experience of software product development life-cycle management approaches.
- Willingness to travel to customers premises both in the UK and Overseas.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of Project Engineering within complex electronics and or avionics systems and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Engineer – Electronics or Avionics role, please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 4461102 or send suitable CV’s to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.