£20 - 40 per hour
Bespoke Project Engineer - Electrical ECU Development
Up to £40/hr - Inside IR35
The Bespoke Electrical Project Engineer role is responsible for the management and delivery of Electrical component and system development activities across the relevant multi-departmental process-chain to ensure on time introduction and integration into bespoke vehicle content.
The position is responsible for project planning of electrical engineering activities to the required detail in support of the tasks assigned by the Lead Engineer.
Key accountabilities include:
- To manage and carry out the necessary electrical development activities including; Research Investigation, Internal Patent Application, Engineering Costing, Engineering Design, Risk Analysis, Centre of Competence Alignment, Test Planning & Validation, Project Planning, whilst ensuring product parameters (product properties & function, costs, weight, quality, timing) are released on time within the scope defined by feature sheets assigned by the Lead Engineer.
- Creation, maintain, and alignment of engineering time plans ensuring activities are aligned with Process-Chain stakeholders and deliver the project on time for the require milestones.
- To mediate any conflicts within the process chain, implement the solutions with best effect to the overall business, or escalate topics to the Lead Engineer that cannot be resolved.
- Creation, maintain, and release of engineering requirements for features including the use of various risk analysis steps, including Risk filters, DFMEAs, and ensure associated Legal, Safety & Group standard requirements are brought into DVPs, Specifications, and other engineering documents.
- To lead capacity planning of Design Engineers to carry out the design & development of the bespoke components including the generation of BoM, CAD Data, 2D electrical wiring/pinning drawings, other specification documents and prepare information for Engineering System Release.
- To ensure the engineering design is integrated within the series product packaging without unforeseen effects to the product performance.
- To ensure requirements required for manufacture are implemented into the design and associated documents.
- To determine the required quality requirements from an engineering perspective working with design & quality functions.
- To validate the product to all homologation/Legal Regulation requirements before preparing information for Engineering Release.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience in an Automotive Engineering Electrical/Electronic development environment.
- Knowledge of Automotive Manufacturing End of Line and Configuration Processes for electrical components.
- Knowledge of international automotive legislation and homologation requirements relating to electrical content.
- Experience in automotive electrical engineering project management and leading cross-functional teams without disciplinary responsibility of team members.
- Working knowledge of embedded programming: C, C++.
- Knowledge and experience of modelling real-time systems (e.g. Task-models, timing, system description, Simulation etc).
- Ability to carry out Programming and Parameterisation development of electrical ECUs/Drivers/Systems.
- Laboratory skills with Electrical/Electronic tools such as DMM, Oscilloscope, Spectrum analyser, vehicle bus network simulation tools such as CANoe, CAN ape.
- Practical experience in design and construction of prototype hardware for Concept investigations and potential ‘verification test’ simulation equipment.
- Experience of designing to meet RFI and EMC requirements.
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.