West Sussex, England
about 2 years ago
6 - 18 months
Project Engineer - Electrical Systems
6 Month (Rolling)
Automotive, Project, Design, EDS, Electrical Systems, Development, New Product, CAD, CAN, DFA, DFM, DFMEA
A Project Engineer - Electrical Systems is required with knowledge of automotive electrical systems, wire harness, EDS or lighting systems. Candidates with experience of the automotive industry would be well received.
Due to new vehicle development programs this company, a description world class prestigious brand vehicle manufacturer based in Sussex requires a proactive Project Engineer - Electrical Systems with knowledge of component and systems design and development for this long-term contract.
As a Project Engineer - Electrical Systems you will be required to:
- Lead the Electrical Simultaneous Engineering Team and carry out project management activities within the team comprised of the Process-Chain stakeholders from other functions across the business and deliver the project on time for the require milestones
- Creation, maintain, and release of engineering requirements for features including the use of various risk analysis steps, including Risk filters, DFMEAs and DVP's
- To lead capacity planning of Design Engineers to carry out the design & development of the bespoke components including the generation of BoM, CAD Data, 2D electrical wiring/pinning drawings in preparation for Engineering System Release
- Ensure the engineering design is integrated without unforeseen effects to product performance, ensuring manufacturing requirements are implemented into the design and associated documents
- Validate product to all homologation requirements before preparation for Engineering Release.
The Project Engineer - Electrical Systems should have the following skills or experience:
- CAD knowledge with ability to create wiring/pinning diagrams for vehicle harnesses with interfaces to CAN/LIN bus systems
- In automotive electrical project/programme management and leading cross-functional teams without disciplinary responsibility of team members
- A sound knowledge of DFM/DFA, RPT and low-volume production techniques with respect to cost, time and weight requirements and also regarding test planning and development.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge in the delivery of automotive electrical products and systems into the automotive arena. In return for your experience, this Sussex based automotive company will offer you:
- £Comp Rates - Long-term contract
- Opportunity to work on a high value prestigious vehicle development program
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of automotive electrical systems and components and you want to be considered, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email