- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Paul Branton
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01268 455525
- Expiry Date: 14 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59517
Project Engineer - Electrical Systems
£Competitive plus benefits
A Project Engineer is required to undertake project engineering, development and integration of electrical systems into the overall vehicle electrical architecture (e.g. body, chassis and powertrain systems). Candidates with a working knowledge of CAN, FlexRay, automotive ethernet, LIN networks and vehicle diagnostics would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a world renowned automotive design and manufacturer, requires a proactive Electrical Systems Project Engineer, based in Guildford, to provide management of technical deliverables, project plans and open issues decks for assigned systems. As an Electrical Systems Project Engineer you will be required to:
- Realisation of the vehicle features using a combination of carry-over, modified and new components in collaboration with the Body, Chassis and Powertrain function groups as required
- Guidance to ensure that control units and peripherals are correctly located and packaged in accordance with installation and wiring requirements
- Compliance with any necessary environmental and EMC requirements
- Specification and development oversight of software features and functions in conjunction with our technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers
- Participation in system review, verification and validation activities including FMEAs, DVP planning, ISO26262 functional safety, EMC and other tests throughout the development lifecycle
- Hands-on electrical development and testing in collaboration with testing and validation colleagues Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure.
- Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle
- Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments including development of service procedures and diagnostic functionality
The Electrical Systems Project Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified, ideally in Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar
- Significant experience of electrical systems or component delivery within an automotive engineering environment
- Demonstrable understanding of electrical architectures and underlying network and diagnostic technologies
- Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a demonstrable understanding of electrical architectures and underlying network and diagnostic technologies to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Guildford based consultancy will offer you:
No Certificate of Sponsorship is available. Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as an Electrical Systems Project Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Electrical Systems Project Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.