almost 2 years ago
Job Title: Project Engineer (Electrical and electronic bias)
Salary Range: £ Competetive
The Components & Environmental Test team are recruiting Test Engineering Project Engineers to develop and manage bespoke test solutions for components and sub systems. Working closely with the customer helping to define test requirements and develop a solution specific to the test required.
Main Purpose of Job
To manage customer test programs from quotation to final report. Deliver test programs on time, within budget and according to the appropriate quality and health and safety requirements
- Use the project management process (MP2) and software tools (MiBOS) to enable proposal generation, proposal pricing, project management and project finance control.
- Produce accurate, competitive and timely proposals for test work based on customer enquiries
- Focus on EV Battery and HV component test projects
- Apply electrical engineering skills to the challenges presented by customer test requirements and to support colleagues
- Generation of final reports
- Ensure pre-project planning identifies all capability required to successfully deliver the program (including technology, calibration, facilities and personnel).
- Ensure project meets Environmental Aspects and H&S criteria including production of Risk Assessments, COSHH assessments and other tools required to ensure safety
- Work flexibly in a team across multiple-test disciplines within the Quatro Park Test facility
- and support colleagues as workload variations change.
- Apply Continuous Improvement (CI) and 5S processes to improve our technical portfolio.
- HNC Electrical / electronics
- The ideal candidate will have a good grounding in electrical and electronic circuit principles.
- Experience with basic circuit design Working from / interpreting and producing electrical / electronic drawings
- Proficient in soldering and wiring
- Working with transducers, signal conditioning equipment and data loggers
- Able to operate Oscilloscopes, DVM's etc.
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team to provide test solutions Able to use MS Word and Excel to a good standard
- Security clearance will be required
- Flexibility with working hours will be required due to the timing of tests (e.g. weekend and evening working).
- Must be able to converse fluently in English and write technical proposals and reports to a high standard in English.