Job title: Project Engineer - DRACAS
Salary Range: £27.00 to £35.00 per hour
Location: Leamington Spa
A Project Engineer is required with experience of DRACAS. Candidates with experience of the Defence industry would be well received.
This Leading Global Land Systems/Defence company based in Leamington Spa requires a proactive Project Engineer with experience of engineering vehicle system designs for an initial 12-month contract.
The Engineer will be responsible for supporting DRACAS (Data Reporting Analysis & Corrective Action System) Root Cause Analysis of incident reports, providing root cause summary, sentencing in accordance with DefStan 00-44 and suggesting immediate and permanent corrective actions.
As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Root Cause Analysis from an Engineering viewpoint
- Proven knowledge and understanding enabling support to the design
- Problem solving techniques
- Heavy Automotive or tracked vehicle systems.
- Familiarity with related Legislative and Certification requirements for Road Vehicles
- Familiarity with DFMEA and Safety case preparation
- Working with suppliers to design and specify vehicle systems and related issue resolution
- Working with CAD team to define installation requirements and support internal and external design reviews.
- Working with Lead Engineers to define test and validation requirements
- Prepare documentation material for reporting technical issue resolution
The Project Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- A proven track record in the design and development of chassis engineering ideally of small-scale production, a breadth and depth of knowledge.
- Ability to liaise with and present information to multi-disciplined team members.
- Ability to interpret mechanical design requirements and propose appropriate design solutions.
- Hold or be capable of holding security clearance up to the level of SC
- Must hold a full driving licence and be insured for Business Travel
- Experience within the defence industry.
- Experience of working within a DRACAS system and with MoD Reliability and Maintainability standards
- Experience with CANBUS, electronic diagnostic tools and interfaces
- Experience in on/off highway or low volume/special purpose vehicles
- Broad knowledge of standards and legislation applicable to military platform
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience of drawing release through CAD, review and approval of supplier drawings and specifications to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Leamington Spa-based company will offer you £27.00 to £35.00 per hour.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon so if you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147