Up to £45000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Project Engineer - Connected Car
£45k Location: Gaydon
Full Time - Permanent
Responsible for developing commodity strategy plans for connected car systems. Working with supplier partners to deliver innovation and series projects. To create new design archetypes (modules) and deliver vehicle projects
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Development of Smartphone Apps, Connected Car Systems, Emergency Call, Stolen
- Vehicle Tracking
- Engineer parts to cost, time and weight targets
- Development and Delivery of Over the Air S/W Updates
- Telemetry Applications
- On Vehicle testing and integration
- Bug Tracking and management
- Create and manage Design Validation plan for Connected Car Systems
- Carry out required testing
- Document test activities and writing of test reports
- Ensure that all concerns are robustly resolved & provide technical support
- Manage the Engineering Sign off Process in line with vehicle project plan
- Create engineering guide line documentation for best practice engineering
- Support Engineering Standards creation
- Work with Programme to agreed targets
- Work with Legislation and Compliance team to ensure all current Type Approvals are met
- and plan for forward change to any regulations.
- Requirements and Specification documentation preparation
- Working closely with suppliers as required, specifically on quality and committed timing
- plans to ensure on time delivery
- Deliver the programme quality, cost, weight, function and timing requirements
- Ensure that the commodity meets the function plan (with the component suppliers),
- creating & managing recovery plans as required. Includes releasing platform components
- (BoM, tooling launch).
- S/W management of release to vehicle build schedule
- BUG management and Tracking
- Qualifications and experience
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Preferably Chartered Engineering status or equivalent
- Proven record of delivering Electrical or Electronics commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing. Experience of vehicle level system integration in terms of hardware and Software. Experience of software development processes and involvement in sw delivery cycle through maturity levels.
- Experience of delivering to production: Connected Car systems, including modem / telematics control unit, E-call, Glonass; mobile data provision and Stolen Vehicle Tracking, experience of working closely with Thatcham Research on SVT programmes and sign off is an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing, concerns, containments, gateways and sign off documentation.
- Supplier management experience.
- Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
- Excellent automotive technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
- Knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes. (e.g. DFMEA)
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create the components or systems.
- Salary circa: £45,000
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme - 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance - Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan - Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.