Project Engineer - 34886 - up to £21.66/hr - Chassis Engineering, Gaydon
Reporting to the Suspension Systems Integration (SSI) Group Leader, this role requires an individual to support the delivery of robust wheel alignment and ride heights in both engineering and launch environments to meet the agreed timing for multiple vehicle nameplates. Responsible for delivery of mean centred, process capable wheel alignment and ride heights for multiple nameplates that deliver all targets (data sheets, Launch Quality Operating Standard (LQOS)) at the required milestones.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Project engineer and technically lead the delivery of mean centred, process capable wheel alignment and ride heights.
- Compile & issue manufacturing specifications for suspension geometry.
- Compile and issue ride height datasheets for use by various customers.
- Support delivery of Launch Quality Operating Standard (LQOS) from concept to production.
- Lead SSI launch elements including problem definition and root cause at each physical build phase.
- Support delivery of Design Verification (RMDV) tests, and Failure Mode and effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Lead co-ordination of problem resolution and document status in problem resolution system (AIMS).
- Support delivery of Dimensional Variation Analysis (DVA) and cascade requirements to all affected component areas. If necessary raise AIMS and agree a compatible resolution to any open incompatibility issue.
- Support durability, geometry and Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) rig component delivery and pre testing sign off.
- Support the delivery of agreed efficiency improvement projects to allow more engineering and cut out non-value added activities.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Proficiency in using Excel/Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of process capability analysis.
- Basic understanding of suspension geometry characteristics.
- Relevant experience and/or qualifications (HND/Degree).
- Good working knowledge of chassis systems.
- Good working knowledge of suspension design and functional requirements.
- Good working knowledge of process capability analysis.
- Good working knowledge of suspension assembly in manufacturing.
- Good degree of IT literacy.
To apply for this position please contact Lois Weston.