Project Engineer (Body Structures)- 34533 - up to £25/hr - Body Engineering
A Project Engineer is required to join the Body Structures team to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire. Body Structures is responsible for the design and development of the Body less doors, which include Body Pressings, castings, extrusions and body sealing media for all models. It also manages the component and proto-type supplier base to ensure timing & project control is maintained.
The Project Engineer will work alongside the group leader & the other project engineers. The successful candidate will report into the Body Structures department with matrix responsibility to the Group leader & the Module leader within the projects assigned. There may be a need to work at other manufacturing & design location to suit department needs.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Proven experience in Automotive Body Structures (BIW) Design
- Proven Catia V5 or V6 experience
- Experience of Teamcenter preferred
- Experience of automotive BIW design, stampings and body construction knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of CATIA V5/V6
- Good communication and presentation skills to all levels
- Data analysis and PC skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Good team player, who is self-motivated to deliver good quality products
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
- Experience of B.I.W stamping and construction processes.
- A working knowledge of Tce and Digibuck or similar.
- Knowledge of FPDS / GPDS project management proces
The ideal candidate will have:
- Worked in a team environment
- Have high-level awareness of vehicle architecture and modern automotive technologies
- Be organised and self-motivated.
- Able to prioritise effectively and work to demanding deadlines with minimum supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.