Project Engineer BIW Composite Materials
There is a part of our client in almost every car now produced.
They are experts in complete vehicle development and the optimisation of production facilities for the automotive industry.
With over 8,000 employees at 60 sites in 19 countries, they offer their customers a full range of automotive related engineering services and help them to transform their needs and desires into the latest automotive technologies and solutions.
Due to the continuing success and growth of the business, they are seeking experienced Project Engineer to join the team.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to our continuing expansion and work with our key customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of the business objectives, manage the technical and commercial aspects of programme delivery.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced engineer to take on the role on the development of a new vehicle derivative.
- Attend key meetings including project reviews, startup meetings etc.
- Setting and managing delivery of attributes including performance, cost, weight, and quality.
- Manage supplier engagement requirements.
- Provide the interface between his/her and the others Modules and the programme team.
- Report project status metrics to the programme management team.
- Coordinate cross-functional reviews for the resolution of technical issues.
- Experience in project delivery in a fast paced environment.
- Engineering degree or similar qualified (HND / HNC), ideally Charted or working towards.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of automotive design and integration of at least one discipline: Interior, body and exterior systems.
- Strong experience in a similar role.
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to overcome cultural barriers.
- Knowledge and understanding of CATIA V5