Project Engineer - Batteries
£40,000pa - £50,000pa circa
A Project Engineer is required with knowledge of High Voltage Batteries to be responsible for the mechanical design of high voltage battery components for automotive application.
Candidates with experience of working in an international team environment, who are decisive, methodical with strong CAE skills, would be well received.
Due to growth this company, a premium brand high-volume automotive manufacturer requires two experienced Project Engineer's with experience of designing batteries for a new permanent role.
As a Project Engineer you will be required to:
- Dimension parts according to specification, by close cooperation with simulation experts and by review of any given Lessons Learned.
- The alignment of the component design with the relevant stakeholders such as suppliers, purchasing, cost-engineering, production and test engineers.
- Test the prototypes and lead and develop the test specification jointly with test engineers.
- Redesign non-conforming components and track and design change process.
- Design of the components in compliance with the relevant legal requirements as well as company specific design standards.
The Project Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 2 years professional working experience in automotive HV batteries design.
- Experience with mechanical design and relevant software tools (e.g. CATIA).
- Experience with CAE simulation tools, like FEM and thermal simulation.
- Experienced with methodical development approaches.
- Enjoys working independently as well as in an international team environment
- Fluent in English.
- Ideally German language skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of HV Batteries to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Oxford-based automotive company will offer you:
- Excellent Basic Salary
- Car Lease Scheme
- Life Assurance
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of the mechanical design within HV batteries for the automotive industry and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Engineer role, please contact Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446188.