Project Engineer - ETL077
£45,000 - £48,000 Per Annum
A Project Engineer is required with extensive knowledge of automotive development systems.
This company based in Gaydon requires a Project Engineer with excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of electronic systems integration for a new permanent role. As a Project Engineer you will be required to:
- Program lead for Electrical and Electronic System Integration
- Be responsible for Electrical and electronic System Specification and whole vehicle EE Integration test planning
- Coordinate Prototype build support and issues resolution. Coordinate and manage software updates and prototype vehicle sign off.
The Project Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Preferably Chartered Engineering status or equivalent
- Proven record of managing whole vehicle software delivery. Including:
- A solid understanding and working knowledge of in-vehicle networks and protocols.
- A working knowledge of ISO26262
- Extensive experience of vehicle diagnostics, developing, authoring, validation
- Experience of managing the delivery of automotive software and Feature Delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing, concerns, containments, gateways and sign off documentation.
- Experience of leading a cross functional team, including complex issue resolution.
- Proven management of outsourced projects
- Supplier management experience
- Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
- Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of electronic systems integration.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Microsoft project experience is desirable
- Excellent financial management skills
- Must be able to manage large workloads in a high pressure environment and prioritise accordingly.
- Must be able to project manage and work collaboratively with other engineers.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team
- Able to communicate confidently and clearly
- Able to set and deliver targets
- Strategic thinking and decision making skills
- Resilient and driven to succeed; goal orientated
- Strong technical focus, high quality mind-set.
- Clean driving license
- Travel may be required, UK and overseas.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with supplier management experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Gaydon based automotive company will offer you:
- £45,000 - £48,000 Per Annum
If you have any questions about the Project Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship