Role: Project Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a permanent Project Engineer to work for our client at their site in Stourbridge, the role will be involved with a range of complex mechanical projects completed in house and will be heavily working with the design engineering team in order to deliver projects within time and costings.
- Responsible for the technical aspects and timescales of a range of mechanical projects completed in-house
- Predominantly be self-managed with regular reports back to the Operations and Product Managers on project milestones and/or project completion
- Working to deadlines while controlling costs and meeting project requirements.
- Ability to be able to get on with immediate colleagues as well as working collaboratively with other departments, suppliers and other service providers
- Working alongside the Design Engineering team to deliver projects within time and cost parameters.
- Co-ordinating projects from cradle to grave inc. fabrication & construction, in-house testing, calibration and specification compliance.
- Working with purchase for the procurement and tracking of components.
- Creating and maintaining supporting documentation including timing plans.
- Ensure compliance with ISO9001, Industry Codes & Standards and Health & Safety requirements.
- Customer contact for project providing customer support through entire programme
Experience and Skills:
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree or HND qualified within mechanical engineering or related discipline.
- 3yrs+ experience of managing and delivery engineering projects.
- A good overview of mechanical engineering inc. piping, fabrication and welding.
- Driving License.
- Commercial awareness.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.