Job title: Project Engineer
Salary Range: £20.84 Ltd Co
Location: Basildon, Essex
A Project Engineer is required with experience Engineering Business / Program Office experience and detailed knowledge of gateway processes.
Our client an automotive OEM based in Basildon requires a Project Engineer with the ability to communicate and report at detailed or summated level to all users as appropriate.
As a Project Engineer, you will be required to:
- Support major gateway controlled programs using resource estimating models.
- Support RTO (required to operate) type estimates on smaller programs and exploratory studies.
- Manage key programs through powertrain GAARP process with operational teams to ensure co-ordinated and timely estimates
- Maintain tracking / metrics on program progress through stages, and highlight delivery roadblocks / action plans on problem programs, and remedial actions where systemic issue identified.
- Ensure estimates agreed and published by powertrain Resource Estimating (PMS files) are calendarised and regionalised and adopted by vehicle team in gateway estimate
- Support implementation of new Estimating / Program resource management tools adjustment of departmental processes to align.
- Develop a SME role for a particular field according to department needs and individual expertise / experience.
The Project Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Strong analytical skills: Powertrain Engineering programs are inevitably complex projects with multiple stakeholders in separate functional and regional organisations
- Ability to communicate and report at detailed or summated level of data with / to all levels of users as appropriate
- Good communication / people management skills (especially across different functions and regions)
- Organised and methodical approach coupled with the ability to work on a range of projects of varying regularity, length and complexity.
- Key IT skills: Excel, Planisware / Hyperion / global datasharing tools
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience working in an automotive OEM to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon based automotive company will offer you:
- Salary £20.84 Ltd Co
If you have any questions about the Project Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.