Automotive - to £55k + company car + bonus
We are seeking a Project Engineer with experience in engineering or project management discipline in automotive OEM market. Knowledge of systems related products, ideally in chassis or steering related systems, an understanding of software or electrical engineering would be desirable for this role.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- University level or similar diplomas in engineering or project management discipline desired, and/or relevant job experience
- Experience in an engineering or project management discipline in automotive OEM market
- Knowledge of systems related products, ideally in chassis or steering related systems
- Understanding of software or electrical engineering desirable
- Understanding of new project introduction process, production methods, cost / profit and Advanced Quality Planning
- Experience in leading an engineering project
- Able to learn and adapt to Japanese business culture
Be European lead liaison between customer and client for nominated system working in partnership with this Clients expat Engineer(s)
- Represent the company as "Technical lead" between the customers' core development team and internal / external customers
- Full working knowledge of customers' Engineering Systems
- provide presentations of engineering concerns or requests
- Prepare detailed presentation packs on engineering issues/requests by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Be the face of "the company" and build strong working relationships with the customers' Product Development team
- Deliver robust technical solutions through the thorough understanding of the products & processes
- Support the development of in vehicle system interfaces.
- Full understanding of specifications and ensure all contracted obligations are met to the satisfaction of customer
- Liaise to customer and support ex-pat mechanical engineers with some software, electrical and electronics knowhow
LOCATION & TRAVEL:
- Approximately 60% time at customer location in UK Midlands
- Weekly/fortnightly travel to Belgium European Head Office
- Quarterly trips to Nagoya, Japan Global Head Office and Engineering Headquarters
For more information please contact Gemma Skidmore of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.