Project Engineer – Electrification Technologies – Coventry – £40k DOE
Fixed Term Contract for 2 years
This is an exceptional opportunity for an Engineer to be part of a team working to support UK manufacturers meet the opportunity arising from new technology supply chains, principally in transport electrification (batteries, motors and power electronics).
With a background in manufacturing systems or electrical / mechanical engineering or automation, particularly the automotive sector you will need an understanding of technologies and the industry to a level that commands the respect of owner / senior managers in Mid-Caps and SMEs.
What you will do:
- Manage technical aspects of the SME Groups projects including contributing to or producing technical reports, presentations
- To manage and maintain client relationships to ensure that the innovative solution is sourced / implemented and that business assists and other output measures are accurately recorded and monitored by the SME Group.
- To provide technical recommendations, practical tools, design advice and support in adoption of best practice technical solutions
- To carry out technical investigations to identify innovative technologies suitable for application to identified businesses issues, and to ensure that Group targets are met. Carry out suitable tests to evaluate performance and ensure they push the boundaries of innovation with the supervision of Innovation Manager.
What you will need
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Experience of industry in manufacturing systems or electrical / mechanical engineering or automation, particularly the automotive sector. Knowledge of electrification and associate technologies also desirable.
- Experience of managing projects from concept to implementation.
- Proven skills in establishing and developing relationships with project partners and collaborators.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to present technical solutions to a varied audience.
What you will get
- Experience of working on a range of projects with the opportunity to help to improve the UK’s long-term supply chain competitiveness with the title of Technology Transfer Engineer.
- Ongoing training and development.
- The chance to work in excellent facilities.
- Career advancement.
Suitably qualified and experienced Project Engineers should apply today.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.