We are recruting s Project Engineer to ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained through the control and implementation of new projects to agreed engineering standards and processes. The responsibility of the Project Engineer is to engineer and administer the New Project Introduction (NPI) process to ensure a successful outcome. The Project Engineer will work within a cross-functional team responsible for the total life cycle of manufacturing projects.
Project Engineer Duties:-
• To support the Quotation Process by coordinating and, where required, generating appropriate manufacturing schemes, including tooling packages, defining appropriate fixturing and special equipment as required.
• To support the commercial team in the acquisition of new business with information, planning and timing estimations.
• To create and maintain the Project Plan(s) for each project. • To ensure the Project Gateway process is utilised, facilitating Gateway meetings as appropriate.
• To create and maintain the Critical Concern and Action Report(s) CCAR(s) for each project.
• To drive action from the teams and individual engineers in support of the Project Plans and CCARs. • To resolve daily project issues and concerns where practicable.
• To escalate any unresolved actions to the appropriate level of management in a prompt and constructive manner
• To provide mandated, periodic and occasional reports to the business, in the various prescribed formats as requested
• To ensure that all appropriate project documentation (e.g. Process Sheets, FMEA, Process Flow, MSA and PPAP) is completed by the appropriate functions in support of the project delivery
• To present, at various levels internally and externally, key project aspects as required in support of the project deliverables
• To ensure that the project deliverables are delivered on time and to budget as far as is reasonably practicable.
• To lead, co-ordinated or participate in problem solving activities using approved tools and techniques.
• To work in an IATF16949 environment, upholding the ethics of the company's quality standards.
• A HND or Degree in Mechanical, Production or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent is essential
The Project Engineer will ideally have proven experience gained within low to medium volume machining processes, preferably gained within an automotive environment accompanies with previous experience of project co-ordination including budget control and man management skills. Applicants with experience of Six Sigma, MS Project with good communication skills will be well received.
• Proven experience gained within low to medium volume machining processes, preferably gained within an automotive environment.
• IT literacy, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Project.
• Good communication skills.
• Problem Solving using recognised tools and techniques.
• Understanding and experience of Project delivery.
• Understanding and experience of APQP, FMEA's, PPAP.
Interest for this role will undoubtedly be high, please apply to the advert today or contact Katharine Bignell for more information at Jonathan Lee Recruitment Ltd.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.