Project Engineer - Derby
We are looking for a Project Engineer at an exciting time in this Rail Rolling Stock company’s history, we have a new role for a Project Engineer, to take ownership and commercial responsibility for projects ensuring that they are right first time in their existing facility and then for the move to their new and larger facility both based in Derby.
Project Engineer role and responsibilities
- Plan and execute the technical activities associated from concept to delivery phase of the company’s projects, liaising with the customer and other stakeholders.
- Working on multiple projects, potentially on very different products
- Participate in the company’s tendering activities, ensuring the solutions offered match customer requirements whilst maximising the company’s win ratio and profitability.
- Creation of Project and Product level requirements specification documents; taking input from customer specifications, applicable standards and the company’s design guides.
- Interpret and communicate relevant requirements to the design (both internal and sub-contract).
- Generation of Project Documentation for internal use and customer issue (e.g. Requirements Specs, Test Plans and Reports, FMECAs, Fault Trees, RAMS Plans and Reports, V&V Plans and Reports, Progress Reports, Open Issues Lists etc.).
- Technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options.
- Working with customer to overcome technical issues and manage the requirements with the aim of optimising the company’s cost and revenues associated to the project.
- Planning and executing formal type testing at accredited test houses.
- Liaising between the customer and the design teams
- Supporting build / Assembly / commissioning and/or training at customer sites.
- Supporting the customer with in-service issues with the aim of improving the reliability and availability of the delivered systems
Qualifications and Experience
- HNC Level Electrical / Electronic Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering minimum
- Project Engineering experience in a product / design environment
- A good ‘Working Knowledge’ of the main Engineering disciplines (Electrical / Electronic Design, Mechanical Packaging Design, System Design and System Integration)
- Highly intelligent with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound understanding of the system design process (including System and Sub-System Specification, System Test, Integration and Certification).
- Good verbal and written communications, including ‘Customer Facing’ skills.
- Knowledge and experience of using design and analysis CAD systems (not essential)
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply, please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01384446192
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.