Title: Suspension Project Engineer
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £22.51 per hour
- Lead the team of Suspension System Tuning (SST) engineers in the delivery of SST components and systems for a specific vehicle programme thorough to full volume manufacture.
- Be the interface between the SST engineers and the vehicle programme and vehicle engineering team.
- Negotiate and agree vehicle performance targets with Product Attribute Teams e.g. Vehicle Dynamics, NVH. Durability.
- Negotiate and agree cost targets (Piece, Tooling and Design and Development costs).
- Guide the SST engineers to deliver the required activities for project gateways.
- Monitor and track progress of delivery using product development system metrics e.g. WERS (Bill of Materials), AIMS2 (problem management), RMDV (requirement and validation management), PSW (Part supply warrant).
- Facilitate the resolution of conflicts in design status versus target and develop recovery plans where required.
- Report out SST component and system delivery status at senior management level throughout the programme.
- Excellent communication and project planning skills.
- Ability to work closely with component and system engineers, suppliers etc. to find and deliver solutions to maintain the module status to target.
- Ability to work effectively with component and system engineers, suppliers etc. to find, deliver and track technical solutions to maintain the module status to target.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of Automotive product delivery.
- Demonstrable hands on knowledge of client project systems - e.g. CCDS. WERS, RMDV, AIMS2, PSW.
- A good understanding of Chassis systems, such as suspension structures/components.
- Demonstrable Technical knowledge of SST Components.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Suspension Project Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.