Project Engineer - Derby
We are looking for a Project Engineer at an exciting time in this Rail Rolling Stock company's history, we have a new role for a Project Engineer, to take ownership and commercial responsibility for projects ensuring that they are right first time in their existing facility and then for the move to their new and larger facility both based in Derby.
As the Project Engineer you will work as part of a team that to bring from project launch to delivery Rail Rolling Stock projects from Cabs to ancillary equipment.
The Project Engineer will:
- Project manage all value-added products for the Rail marketplace, including engineering design, customer reviews, costing and any other function to convert client requirements into solutions.
- Work within Rail approval methods and appropriate standards.
- Work closely with New Product Introduction Team and assist with production issues.
- Maintain control and release of customer projects to manufacturing.
- Keep control of drawing releases and change notes/procedures using existing internal system.
- Manage multiple projects at the same time and prioritise and manage workload accordingly.
- Work with the Engineering and Production departments to bring solutions to Prototype, testing, then production and delivery.
- Assist with costing of customer requirements.
- Liaise with clients to ensure best possible service
- Develop RAMS and other relevant documentation for site installation
- Visit customers on technical, sales, quality and marketing matters.
- Ideally Rail sector experience preferably with a working knowledge of rolling stock / vehicle systems
- Good experience of Project Management in a Manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to produce reports and documentation
- Experience in Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, Outlook
HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience
- Salary dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply, please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192