Job title: Project Engineer
Salary Range: £22.50 p/h
Seeking a Project Engineer to work for a luxury automotive OEM based in the West Midlands.
- Assist in projects to improve efficiency and reduce lead-times.
- Contribute to standardising material testing equipment and procedures across supply based and within our Press Shops.
- Supporting activities to ensure all incoming material is quality assured before going to press.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of material related process standards
- Support the timely ordering of material for Production Ramp-up for all new Model Programmes.
- Contribute to material supplier identification, developments and performance assessments.
- Monitoring non-processed scrap rates and supporting activities to minimise "avoidable" scrap and to maximise the value of the related processed scrap.
- Understanding of materials, and material properties and processes specifically relating to forming technologies.
- A working knowledge of steel and aluminium manufacturing and press shop facilities (e.g. blast furnaces, cast houses, rolling mills, heat treatment lines, cut to length and blanking lines, destackers, reoilers, presses, etc.)
- An ability to analyse and assess large amounts of data and relevant previous experience in material quality assurance or similar.
- Proven ability in delivering tasks &/or projects within tight timescales.
- Strong MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) skill set and experience of Google tools.
- Suitable applicants are likely to possess a relevant degree or PhD although this is not essential if the individual can evidence the necessary capabilities.
Flexibility - Whilst Gaydon based candidates would be expected to be mobile with regular travel to each of our Press Shops (Castle Bromwich, Solihull, Halewood) anticipated and as well as occasional overseas travel.
It is imperative that applicants demonstrate and prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
If you have any questions or you are interested in applying to this role please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.