West Sussex, England
over 1 year ago
6 - 18 months
6 Month (Rolling)
Automotive, Project, Design, Planning New Product, CAD, DFA, DFM, DFMEA
A Project Engineer is required with knowledge of automotive systems and processes who candidate coordinate and delivery key projects. Candidates with experience of the automotive industry would be well received.
Due to new vehicle development programs this company, a description world class prestigious brand vehicle manufacturer based in Sussex requires a proactive Project Engineer with knowledge of component and product design and development for this long-term contract.
As a Project Engineer you will be required to:
- Lead and carry out project management activities within the team comprised of the Process-Chain stakeholders from other functions across the business and deliver the project on time for the require milestones
- Creation, maintain, and release of engineering requirements for features including the use of various risk analysis steps, including Risk filters, DFMEAs and DVP's
- To lead capacity planning of Design Engineers to carry out the design & development of the bespoke components including the generation of BoM, CAD Data, 2D electrical wiring/pinning drawings in preparation for Engineering System Release
- Ensure the engineering design is integrated without unforeseen effects to product performance, ensuring manufacturing requirements are implemented into the design and associated documents
- Validate product to all homologation requirements before preparation for Engineering Release.
The Project Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience of automotive component design and development
- Extensive knowledge of prototype part manufacturing techniques
- Experience with Automotive international Homologation requirements.
- Knowledge of low and high volume tooling options
- Advanced CAD (CATIA V5) ability
- Strong IT competence including Microsoft applications.
- Strong communication, organisational and planning skills
- German language ability would be beneficial but not compulsory
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge in the delivery of automotive electrical products and systems into the automotive arena. In return for your experience, this Sussex based automotive company will offer you:
- £Comp Rates - Long-term contract
- Opportunity to work with a high value prestigious vehicle development program
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of project delivery within the automotive arena and you want to be considered, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email