Powertrain Project Engineer
Up to £22.06
A Powertrain Project Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM. The position will be a long term contract role based in Gaydon/Whitley and is paying a rate of up to £22.06 Ltd Co per hour.
Reporting to the Module Leader - Automatic Transmission System, the role involves being the single point contact between transmissions commodity delivery team and programme management teams for Architecture platforms from pre up to J1+90.
The role is to manage and be accountable for the programme delivery of the relevant commodities. The role also involves the rationalisation of issues across these departments ensuring that the teams are actively engaged and to facilitate communications from the delivery teams into Vehicle Engineering.
Another aspect of the role is the management and reporting of key delivery metrics for the relevant programme ensuring that these are accurately communicated to the teams and fed into the relevant senior manager and Programme review meetings. In this role you will have a close liaison with other powertrain departments, interfacing COC's, programme and vehicle teams.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills at all levels within the business. Good understanding of engineering and problem solving principles.
- Proven ability to Project Manage interactions across systems and within a multi-site team.
- Self-starter - will be responsible for moving multiple Programmes forward with minimal guidance. A motivated self-starter who demonstrates 'My Business' mentality and is capable of empowered decision making.
- Good level of MS Office skills essential.
- An understanding of Powertrain Systems including, but not limited to, Automatic Transmissions, Engine Management their Controls systems and Calibration.
- A pro-active approach to adoption of new technologies, standards and changing working practices.
- Previous automotive experience Knowledge and use of Problem solving tools (Six Sigma, 8D, DMAIC)
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.