- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Mark Bignell
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446167
- Expiry Date: 01 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59281
Project Engineer (NPI)
Competitive Salary, Plus Benefits
Location: West Midlands
Project, Engineer, Launch, NPI, Manufacturing, Leadership, Improvements, Assembly, APQP, PPAP, CI, OEE, 8D, 5Y, MOST, TAKT Time
Our client a forward thinking and growing Automotive organisation with a track record of delivering world class products and systems for advanced technology and performance are currently seeking a Project Engineer (NPI), who can drive new product introduction and launch while improving processes and systems to support all assembly operations.
The role as Project Engineer (NPI) will be to lead the introduction of new products into their manual and automated assembly environment to ensure best in class processes, procedures, systems and equipment can be implemented to increase productivity, improve quality and eliminate waste through standardisation and potentially some automation while driving forward change and continuous improvement that will positively impact all areas of production. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
As a Project Engineer (NPI) your main responsibilities will be to;
- Coordinate all project elements including engineering design, quality planning, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and final buy-off phases
- Manage the project within budget, planning project requirements and resources, including the sourcing of sub-contract elements, etc.
- React promptly and effectively to changing client and product needs
- Anticipate any potential project risks, identifying and establishing corrective actions using root cause analysis
- Produce deliverables on-time to customer requirements, clarifying these requirements where necessary
- Accurately cost any changes in specifications
- Effectively analyse customer and internal changes, including feasibility study
- Produce clear, focused and understandable explanations for change requests
- Track customer changes and participate in customer meetings when required
- Participate in DFMEAs, Quality history reviews, robustness studies, assisting with design verification and sign off reporting
- Participate in APQP and PPAP processes, tracking tasks against the project timing plan
- Apply specific technical skills as required to support the customer or colleagues
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities, managing KPI’s to keep the project on track
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to clients
- Plan projects or subtasks so they may be tracked and presented
- Attend meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Independently determine approach and assigned tasks
- Lead all NPI activities pulling together cross functional teams, developing & training staff on project requirements
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and service providers
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers
This is a challenging and exciting role and as such we are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate that they have the following:
- Must be capable of leading NPI activities and processes improvement ideally within an assembly environment to ensure product industrialisation while maintaining productivity levels and quality standards
- An in depth and proven knowledge of DFMEA, PFMEA, APQP, PPAP, NPI, 8D, 5Y and CI with exposure of MOST, and TAKT Time being advantageous.
- The desire, drive and the character to ensure product launch runs smoothly, challenging the status quo continually seeking ways to improve performance and delivery to meet customer needs are essential personal requirements, allied with excellent leadership and motivational skills to succeed
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge in managing new product introduction activities and process improvement initiatives within assembly, while being able to face off to clients and suppliers within an automotive and/or motorsport arena, especially were adaptability and versatility is essential and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Engineer (NPI) role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.