Our client is looking fot an experienced Project Engineer to report into the Engineering Manager and be responsible for assisting with the development and delivery of Platform Systems Engineering Projects (Body systems and Military equipment integration). The role involves working closely with an adaptable team of multi-disciplined engineers across a variety of Military platforms.
The individual should have a proven history in the design and development of vehicle systems, preferably in a Defence, Automotive or Special Vehicles environment. The individual will be able to support the multi-disciplinary Vehicle Systems Team and act as a key point of contact for customers and suppliers.
Assisting with project definition and developing costed proposals
- Producing project timing plans
- Supporting critical design appraisals throughout the design and development life-cycle.
- Preparing material for internal and external design reviews.
- Performing root cause analysis and issue resolution
- Reporting project status to management
- Degree qualified in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- A proven track record in the design, development and validation of vehicle systems from concept through to series production
- Experience of engineering vehicle systems designs against requirements and targets including performance and reliability
- Ability to liaise with and present information to multi-disciplined team members.
- Ability to interpret mechanical design requirements and propose appropriate design solutions.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Experience of drawing release through CAD, review and approval of supplier drawings and specifications
- Hold or be capable of holding security clearance up to the level of SC, willing to travel within the UK and overseas.
Highly desirable skills:
- Experience in Root cause analysis, 8D methodology, Fishbone, ISHIKAWA etc
- Preparation and documentation of FMEA's/FMA etc
- Definition of Design Validation plans and implementation of test plans
- Ability to understand analytical tools and interpret into design requirements.
- Experience in on/off highway or low volume/special purpose vehicles
- Broad knowledge of standards and legislation applicable to military platforms
- Knowledge of quality control/assurance procedures and best practice.