Upto £27.00 P/H Ltd
Project, Delivery, Vehicle, Gateways, Timing, NPI, Low Volume
A Project Engineer is required with knowledge in the delivery of automotive projects for niche vehicle suppliers. Candidates with experience of the automotive industry would be well received.
Due to a new vehicle development program this company, a niche vehicle manufacturer based in Nuneaton requires a well organised and structured Project Engineer with knowledge in the automotive delivery programs for a long-term contract role. As a Project Engineer you will be required to:
- Prepare programme schedules and manage multiple concurrent schedules.
- Develop and prepare resource load forecasts and costings for proposed projects.
- Track and deliver regular status reports on performance against schedule, budget and key project attributes.
- Actively seek out and manage the resolution of project issues that affect time and cost.
- With the support of engineering management, actively pursue resolutions to technical issues affecting programme delivery.
- Support engineering team leads in developing planning (time/cost) documentation and corresponding program status reporting and new product programs.
- Ensure key interfaces with external suppliers and consultancies are managed consistently and appropriately with correct documentation and 'rules of engagement' in place.
- Capture key project issues and actions and actively pursue resolution with affected project personnel.
The Project Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- 5 years' experience in a low volume Engineering Research and development organisation, ideally with concept vehicle content.
- Strong background in low volume Engineering programme delivery.
- Customer oriented (internal and external) with excellent problem solving skills.
- Proficient regarding organisational and time management skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and outlook), with the ability to create detailed status reports, measureables and timelines.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of project delivery and co-ordination seeking a long-term contract opportunity. In return for your experience, this Nuneaton based automotive company will offer you:
- Upto £27.00 P/H - Long-Term Contract
- Exciting new vehicle program that will challenge the most experienced Project Engineer.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of project delivery within the automotive arena and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Engineers role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email