Job Title: Project Engineer
We are currently recruiting a Project Engineer for our client based in Coventry the role will be responsible for providing technical, commercial and project management input to ensure assigned projects are delivered to customer requirements, agreed budgets and timescales.
It will also be working with internal and external bodies to assist in the development of products and systems and Act as primary contact with clients and service providers during delivery phase.
Provide inputs to system and product level specification documents based on customer specification, company standards and current legal requirements.
- Creation of System and Product level requirements specification documents; taking input from customer specifications, applicable standards and current operational and safety regulations.
- Iinterpret and communicate relevant requirements to the design (both internal and sub-contract).
- Defining interface documentation, reviewing with all parties, on-going monitoring throughout the life of the project.
- Generation of Project Documentation for internal use and customer issue (e.g. requirements specs, test plans and reports, FMEAs, fault trees, progress reports, open Issues lists etc.).
- Technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options.
- Working with customers and suppliers to identify and overcome technical issues and manage the requirements with the aim of optimising companies cost and revenues associated to the project.
- Planning and executing and certification testing at accredited providers.
- Liaising between the customer and the design teams
- Work with other internal teams (e.g. Purchasing) and interface suppliers to create the required production data (BOMs, build instructions, test instructions etc.).
- Supporting system integration activities at customer sites in UK and Worldwide.
- Supporting system commissioning and/or system training at customer sites in UK and Worldwide.
- Supporting the customer with in-service issues with the aim of improving the reliability and availability of the delivered systems.
- Feeding back customer issues internally.
- HNC Level Electrical / Electronic Engineering and/or Control Engineering
- Degree Level Electrical / Electronic Engineering and/or Control Engineering
Practical Knowledge and Experience:
- Systems / Project Engineering experience in a product / system design environment, with products / systems incorporating power electronic control systems, microprocessors, analogue / digital electronics and ruggedised mechanical packaging
- Appropriate working knowledge of similar systems and relevant technical disciplined.
- Sound understanding of system design process
- Systems / Project Engineering experience related to product / system design of equipment.
- Safe system installation experience.
- Be able to multi-task and have a strong desire to get the job done right first time.
- Good verbal and written communications, including 'Customer Facing' skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude and the ability to work flexibly in a small highly motivated and results driven team.
- A willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment