Project Engineer (Seating)
£30 to £40 P/H Ltd
Seating, ProdSuct Development, Plastics, Project, Delivery, Gateways
A Project Engineer (Seating) is required with knowledge of Seating Systems development within the automotive/motorsport arena. Candidates with experience of the automotive industry would be well received.
Due to the development securing of new vehicle programs this company, a world class and innovative organisation based in Coventry requires a Project Engineer (Seating) with seating components and systems knowledge for a long-term contract role. As a Project Engineer (Seating), you will be responsible for:
- Technical Design and conformity to package and customer specifications.
- Drawing Release with 'freeze' against each Programme build milestone.
- DFMEA creation and update and release against the milestones.
- All design changes post initial prototype tool release to use Change Management Process. PLM system and Change Management Process PLM system.
- Medium and short-term CAD resource management, ensuring CAD Designers workload / priorities match those of the Programme Timeline and Customer Releases.
- Support Plant issues when proven root cause is base design (not quality / process)
- Customer liaison and reporting of project technical issues and potential resolutions.
- Data release and Control with documented status and actions on a regular basis.
- VE/VA to engineered / feasible solutions with detail drawings/prototype trial samples.
- Management of Test and Development DV / PV and virtual CAE analysis.
- Checking of all data prior to Release (to customer/ supplier or other interested parties)
The Project Engineer (Seating) should have the following skills or experience:
- Detailed seating (seat structures and seat complete) engineering knowledge
- DFMEA - Qualified to 'User level'
- Automotive Seating experience
- Appreciation of CAE techniques and Process with understanding of CAD (NX/Catia)
- VE/VA techniques (cost pareto etc)
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of seating systems allied with strong project delivery skills seeking a long-term contract. In return for your experience, this Coventry based creative organisation will offer you:
- £30 P/H to £40 P/H Ltd
- Excellent opportunity to work on new vehicle programs within a long-term contract
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of seating systems and components allied with project delivery skills and wish to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Engineer (Seating) role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email