Project Engineer - Burton-on-Trent
We have an exciting new role for who would be joining a growing project team to support the company's product development as well as associated activities to the delivery phase of the company's systems projects, liaising with the customer and other stakeholders. This is for a world leading Systems supplier for the design, development and manufacture to the rail industry for train safety systems and based in Burton on Trent.
The Project Engineer will do or be involved with:
- Creation of System and Product level requirements from customer specifications, applicable Rail standards (UK and EU).
- Supporting the start-up and execution phases of the company's systems projects, liaising with the customer and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring the product development pipeline is aligned to customer and market requirements.
- Interpret and communicate relevant requirements to the design (both internal and sub-contract).
- Generation of Project Documentation for internal use and customer issue.
- Planning and executing formal type testing at accredited test houses.
- Liaising between the customer and the design teams
- Work with other internal teams to create Production Data
- Supporting system integration activities and commissioning and/or system training at customer sites.
- Supporting the customer with in-service issues.
- A willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Degree or HNC Level Electrical/Electronic Engineering and/or Software Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering.
- Systems/Project Engineering experience in a product/system design environment, that incorporate microprocessors, analogue and digital electronics.
- Worked on Safety Related Projects (SIL2 or higher)
- A good 'Working Knowledge' of the main Engineering disciplines (Electrical/Electronic Design, Software Design, Mechanical Packaging Design, System Design and System Integration).
- Good verbal and written communications, including 'Customer Facing' skills.
- Experience of Railway Standards (EN50155, EN50121 EN50126/8/9).
- Knowledge and experience of using design and analysis CAD systems.
- Systems / Project Engineering experience related to train borne equipment (protection systems) i.e. AWS/TPWS, ETCS is ideal.
- Salary - Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192