Building Materials Business
Fixed Term 6-month contract (salaried)
The purpose of the Project Engineer role is to define, design and manage key engineering projects on site to deliver identified benefits.
The key duties of the Project Engineer role:
- Ensure all contractors under the Project Engineer's control are complying with the company safety policy instructions, Health & Safety at Work Act and all other legal and safety requirements.
- Ensure all projects under the Project Engineer's control are managed to promote a good safety culture, cost control and the hand-over is accompanied by the required documentation.
- Establish, publish and continuously update the company equipment requirement specification in conjunction with work Engineers.
- Maintain and update the company project engineering records in a manner easily accessible to the factory engineering teams.
- Assist in the promotion of modern workplace management techniques e.g. 5s, lean etc and problem-solving techniques including DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control) route cause analysis.
- Select engineering partners based on their ability to provide properly considered and tested systems that fully comply with the requirements.
Skills and experience required for the Project Engineer role.:
- A background working in the industrial or heavy engineering sector.
- IOSH and NEBOSH qualified.
- Experience working as a Project Engineer with demonstrated industry background in process or plant design and specification.
- Experience of managing large scale projects.
- Familiar with industrial scale steam raising plant and systems.
- Ideally qualified to at least HNC level or equivalent.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary expectations. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission with further details. However, should you wish to discuss your application in the meantime, please contact Justin Wainwright on 01268 889267 or 07711 156281