Location: South Yorkshire
Salary: £35,000- £40,000
At an exciting time in this Rail Engineering company’s history, we have a new role for a Project Engineer who will need to assist with initial tender design submission and would be involved in projects from cradle to grave. An exciting and fulfilling role to work in a small team based at their facility in Rotherham. The company design and install train washing, fuelling and other ancillary equipment for rail depots as well projects for other industries.
The Project Engineer will:
- Assist with initial tender design submission as required
- Assist with the preparation of tender submissions (including site visits)
- Be the Internal / External Design Interface
- Prepare O&M and Installation manuals as required
- Produce Technical scope of work for Client / Internal Projects
- Specify scope of work for issuing to suppliers
- Obtain quotations from external supply chain
- Responding to technical queries throughout tender and contract deliverables
- Prepare manufacturing design
- Visiting customer sites to carry out surveys as required
- Visiting suppliers for sign-off of equipment specified
- Visiting customer sites at test & commissioning for verification sign-off
- Good of project management/engineering experience
- Good 2D and 3D CAD experience, ideally with AutoCAD
- Experience of BIM level 2, preferred but not essential as training will be given.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to produce reports and documentation
- Experience in Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, Outlook
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience
Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply, please send a brief copy of your CV and a letter, outlining your suitability for the role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.