A Project Design Engineer is required for a leading defence organisation based in Coventry. This role will be supporting the Design and Technical teams to ensure critical projects meet the necessary technical requirements for some of the most advanced composite materials in the defence industry.
As a Project Design Engineer you will be working for a world leader in advanced performance composite materials across our clients range of armoured protection products for both people and vehicles. These products can range from helmets, body plates, bomb disposal suits through to armoured vehicles providing a highly effective shield with outstanding ballistic and mechanical performance.
Due to our client being awarded a major UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) contract they are now seeking to recruit this role with immediate effect. The Project Design Engineer will be accountable for the following:
- Generating designs which may include material selection, defining processing parameters, CAD and drafting.
- Supporting design reviews ensuring verification and validation activities are demonstrated and documented.
- Technical support to the Design, Development, Quality and Manufacturing Engineering teams for proposed designs.
- Undertake problem solving of design and product issues to resolve functional issues as they arise throughout the development and service life cycle.
- Developing specifications and test programmes, analysis and interpretation of test result data and the creation and delivery of reports to internal colleagues and external customers.
- Support the developmental component manufacture and providing schematics, CNC programming, manufacturing documentation / guidelines, hands on manufacturing support and training.
- Supporting verification and validation activities including supporting internal and customer funded ballistic trials.
We are seeking an individual ideally degree qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline, with previous experience of working on design and development projects. Experienced in 3D CAD modelling and detail design you will understand engineering drawings and design standards ideally from the defence or automotive sectors. You will be expected to communicate effectively on a technical level with both peers, management groups and customers.
Applications with the following knowledge or experience would be very advantageous:
- Experience with PTC Creo, Simulate and Windchill PDM.
- Experience working with Composite materials.
- Experience working with and to ballistic test specifications.
- Manufacturing experience including compression and autoclave moulding, machining, fabrication and assembly.
- Experience in compiling FMEA’s, DVP&R, SRD, SoW.
- Familiar with Tooling Design and Design for manufacturability.
If you would like to discuss this Project Design Engineer role and our client in more detail then please call 01384 446165 and ask for Les Hines or send an email and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.