Project Cost Manager/Engineer
Coventry, West Midlands
Salary circa £37,500 pa
As an experienced Project Cost Manager/Engineer, you will be joining a unique and unusual SME business involved in the manufacture, assembly and installation of high value multi-material products. These are produced by highly skilled craftsmen capable of working with a range of materials that include Wood, Plastic, Metal, Composites and Fabrics. On completion these products need to be assembled on site which can include installation try-out and approval to meet client requirements. As the business has grown so has the need to strengthen the internal capability to provide a full project management service. The administration of project costing has become essential to ensure projects are completed on time, to budget and of the right quality. You will report directly to the Production Director and provide accurate and detailed cost information, relating to client contracts and suppliers.
To be considered for this Project Cost Manager/Engineer position you must have:
- Experience of cost engineering, cost control and project management within a light engineering, manufacturing, building installation or construction environment.
- A strong commercial background, very familiar with spreadsheets and cost tracking software and able to provide reliable and accurate data on a project by project basis.
- Experience of project budget allocation, planning cost expenditure and establishing a cost baseline.
- An ability to analyse costs, highlight issues, communicate the performance against the plan, raise any issues and propose recovery plans.
- Be familiar and confident in the use of Microsoft Excel or a similar software-based cost control software.
- An ability to problem solve, work with people and be confident in your ability to present accurate and factual cost information and reports.
- Experience of managing multiple projects from inception to final customer approval
- A qualification to a minimum of HNC level in a technical, cost or financial related discipline.
This is an interesting working environment with exciting and varied end products. As Project Cost Manager/Engineer implementing a rigorous project cost control system will be your initial priority and will have a big impact on the business. Longer term, based on success, there are prospects for career progression to Senior Management level and support will be given to help you achieve this. You must have a dynamic “can do” attitude and an ability to work at pace, problem solve and influence the people around you.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.