£15 - 21 per hour
5 months ago
Peterborough (2/3 days a week onsite)
Up to £21.00 per hour (Umbrella or PAYE)
Contract - 12 months initial
A project management professional committed to delivering programs on-time and within budget by improving the effectiveness of project teams through the application of professionally recognised program and project management methods, techniques, and tools.
The candidate will support the current Global Programme Management UK team, provide general facilitation support, and will be given the opportunity to have direct project management accountability for a limited portfolio of smaller projects.
The role requires the candidate to have good understanding of program and project management tools & processes.
It is an entry level role for a Project Management professional, with the candidate expected to have extensive Project Management Office experience with limited exposure as a Project Manager
- Support Project / Programme managers in planning, project control, resource loading, finance, and risk management.
- May provide facilitation for smaller project teams and provide support to control meetings. May lead chartering/planning sessions for smaller projects. May assist Project Managers with larger, more complex, chartering and/or planning sessions.
- Capture and analyse project information including schedule updates (e.g. critical path, resource histograms, costs). Work with project team members to resolve logic errors, help explain changes due to updates, and update plan(s) according to actions taken by the project team to resolve schedule problems.
- Create report packages for communicating project status to key stakeholders
- Provide sole project management support for a limited number of smaller projects
- Create detailed work plans within MSP, duration based activities, resource forecasts and scope
- Provide other types of project management support as required
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Experience of project management software is a MUST (MS Project).
- This position requires a three-year university degree or equivalent experience within the project management field.
- Job-related experience in project / program management.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills including excellent communication skills, strong meeting facilitation skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Familiarity with MS Office (Excel/Word/Powerpoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Web Publishing tools.
- Will have solid project management office experience, delivering planning, resource, and financial support to experienced Project Managers.
- Prince 2/PMP or equivalent qualification.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.