Project Planner / Coordinator – West Midlands – Rail Sector
A Project Planner / Coordinator is required with a background in engineering. Candidates from the Rail, Aerospace or Automotive sectors would be well received.
This Manchester based organisation who specialise in the repair and overhaul of Bogies and Wheel Sets are looking to expand their team in support Light Rail Vehicle (LRV) projects. The Project Planner / Coordinator will split their working days between customer sites in Birmingham (2 days), Manchester (2days) and work from home 1 day per week.
**NOTE** The candidate applying must live in one of the following areas as it is a contractual obligation, Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall or Wolverhampton
As the Project Planner / Coordinator you will be required to:
- Assist with the completion and updating of project documentation.
- Assist the Project Manager in facilitating regular project meetings both internal and external.
- Chase actions given to project team members to ensure they are closed out in a timely manner.
- Escalate any issues that affect the timescale of the project to the Project Manager.
- Facilitate the handover from the Project Manager to the Contract Manager when entering the BAU phase.
- Ensure the customer schedule is reflected within the ERP system and kept up to date.
- Assist with the management of repeat orders though the business.
- Work alongside the relevant departments to ensure delivery dates are met.
- Assist in ensuring there is an effective hand over of Customer Schedules/Schedule changes to the business.
- Ensure products and services are costed in a timely manner to allow prompt invoicing.
- Keep up to date internal and external KPI’s to reflect performance.
- Management of arising issues both on site at depot and internal.
- Complete month end reports.
- Escalate any issues that affect delivery to the Contract Manager.
The Project Planner / Coordinator should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience in a commercial/project role would be preferred.
- Experience of Light Rail Networks id highly advantageous but not essential
- HNC/A-levels or equivalent in Technical or Business or Commercial Disciplines.
- Experience in data collation, management and analysis.
- Experience using Microsoft office software.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of Planning & Coordinating engineering projects and you want to be considered, please apply today.
If you have any questions about the Project Planner / Coordinator role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.