Wolverhampton, West Midlands
almost 2 years ago
Job Title: Project CAD Technician
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Project CAD Technician to work for our client at their facility in Wolverhampton. The role will include Project work along with Design activities and is an interesting role that would suit a dynamic individual.
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and guide projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals in accordance with project programmes, and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Review and obtain approval on product design and changes in conjunction with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work to policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department / company.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, publish and schedule lists for purchase of materials or services.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to clients in relation to the associated major projects.
- Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
- Achieve goals within broad outlines provided by Senior Management.
- Survey work with other staff activities and writing descriptions.
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate.
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales.
- Strive to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
- Identify changes and communicate internally in order to mitigate commercial risk and exposure.
- Analysing configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structure;
- Considering the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design;
- Liaising with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction;
- Making drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for building contractors.
- Investigating structural engineer's reports and liaising with consulting engineers to establish best approach to project design and construction.
- Liaising with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound.
- Using 3D Modeling software and FEA for simulation purposes.
- BIM Level 2 working knowledge and implementation
- Understand different materials and production methods,
- Technical, practical and scientific knowledge and ability
- Understand what customers look for in a product
- Ce able to use drawings, 3D models and computer designs to express creative ideas
- Have strong IT skills
- Be good at planning and organising your workload
- Be good at explaining ideas to people with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Have listening and questioning skills for discussing design briefs and understanding feedback from colleagues
- Be able to produce clear, concise written reports
- Work well in a team
- Be accurate and pay attention to detail
Software Experience Required:
- Autodesk Inventor
- Autodesk Revit
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Autodesk Vault Professional
- Microsoft Office (General utilities)
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.