Job Title: Project Buyer
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
An experienced Buyer with a proven track record and knowledge of technical / engineering procurement is required by a leading global OEM. You will have a strong understanding of engineered products / equipment and manufacturing processes. Working within this organisation's UK based strategic procurement team, you will be responsible for strategic sourcing and contracting processes related to major manufacturing projects.
We are seeking a talented strategic Project Buyer with experience of working within a cross-functional team, representing the procurement function in a stand-alone position. As an experienced Project Buyer, you will be required to:
- Ensure purchase and supply chain governance, HSQE and compliance standards, and requirements are met and adhered to.
- Responsible and involved with the strategic sourcing decisions associated with major engineering projects for a range of technical components and services.
- Deliver an agreed cost savings level against project related budgeted costs.
- Support supplier evaluation and selection through a robust, effective qualification process.
- Ensure strategic sourcing decisions are aligned to supplier capability and capacity.
- Work with both suppliers and Supplier Development to continuously improve processes, capabilities and performance.
- Assist with new product launch and engineering change of working with Engineering to ensure appropriate processes as followed.
- Work with the Engineering team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability.
As an experienced Project Buyer do you have a proven track record of:
- Procurement development within an engineering, automotive or aerospace environment.
- Working knowledge and experience of working within a technical project based procurement role.
- An understanding of engineered products and associated processes of manufacture.
- Experience of implementing a sourcing strategy for new sources of supply for large engineered components.
- High standard of numerical /analytical skills with the ability of understanding costs/forecasts/budgets.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of working closely with Technical design functions within an organisation and externally within the Supply Chain.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, driven technical Buyer with knowledge of technical procurement, strategic sourcing and strong project management skills. In return for your procurement experience, this global leading OEM will offer you a competitive salary & benefits package and career development.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of technical, project purchasing and you are looking for a new career challenge, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Buyer role, please contact Lisa Osborne at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446162 or email .