Our client based in Cheltenham is looking to recruit Project Buyers' for 6-12 month contracts.
WE would ask that you have previously worked within and Aerospace & Defence Company and previous experience in Electrical, Mechanical or Pneumatic commodities.
- Managing day to day requirements and controls of the Purchasing Module on the ERP system.
- Supplier selection and management of sub-contracted work packages.
- Development of a competitive flexible supplier base, focused on year on year cost reduction.
- Understanding and interpreting engineering requirements, including quality, delivery, specifications and price and ensuring that these requirements are understood and reflected throughout the procurement cycle.
- Ensuring that all enquiries are sent out in a professional and timely manner to establish the most competitive sources to support the bid management process.
- Negotiation of contracts.
- Prevention of critical supply issues through best practice supply chain management techniques.
- Pursuing Lean, inventory and consignment initiatives within the supply chain.
- To encourage communication between the supplier and engineering to effect cost reduction of mature and new products.
- Liaise with other Departments and stakeholders to formulate 'make or buy decisions'.
- To manage on time delivery from the supply base and expedite Purchase Orders as required.
- Carry out site visits to suppliers as necessary.
- Initiate supplier Production Readiness Reviews (PRRs).
- Good communication skills
- CIPS qualified or working towards
- Experience of using ERP system
- Literate in Microsoft office
- Experienced at working within a cross functional team
- Full driving licence
- Previous experience with Supply Chain New Product Integration is preferred
Job Title: Project Buyer
Salary: £20 - £25 per hour
Duration: 6-12 months
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have the skills and experience for this role and you want to be considered, please apply today.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Emma Evans at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446187.