Job Title: Project Buyer
A Project Buyer is required to join a leading off highways organisation in Peterborough on a minimum 6 month contract.
Lead resourcing projects of engine components, working with suppliers and cross functional team leads to ensure new parts meet cost, quality and time requirements of the business.
As part of a broader Project team the individual will be responsible for leading a range of resourcing projects. They will act as the point of contact for all functional team leads and suppliers.
Ensuring that all project activities are delivered on time to meet engine production requirements.
They will be expected to manage each project under their responsibility end to end from RFQ launch through to the delivery of components into production.
Duties to include:
- Lead resource projects.
- Produce project plans and weekly reports to the Project Procurement Manager.
- Leading project meetings with suppliers and cross functional team leads.
- Issue meeting minutes and manage actions to completion.
- Document and manage project Risks and Issues, whilst communicating successes.
- Process Tooling estimates through the approvals process and ensure purchase orders are issued.
- Manage new engineering samples from the supplier into our factories for validation.
- Manage new projects in accordance with our APQP process.
- Work with cross functional teams' to ensure projects stay on plan.
- Carry out RFQ work as required.
- Produce cost benefit analysis and sourcing recommendations.
- Produce business cases for business approval of RFQ recommendations.
- Support sourcing strategy development and implementation.
- Procurement background
- Demonstrable Project skills e.g. 6 Sigma, Prince 2.
- Good stakeholder management and networking skills.
- Good communications skills both written and verbal.
- Good computer skills and able to produce presentations, project plan and Excel analysis.
- Ideally have Manufacturing experience, but not essential.
- Knowledge of APQP would be advantageous.
- MCIPS qualified would be advantageous.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.